Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 2 of Halloween Projects: Frankenstein Candy Boxes

For today, I am keeping with the awards and sharing with you the second place awards. For second place, I made these Frankenstein boxes that hold a box of candy. They are made so that the candy can slide out and not mess up the packaging.
I started by cutting a piece of green cardstock that is size 6x12 to wrap the box with.  This will need to be scored where it folds around the box and then taped together on the back.  Just tape the paper together, do not tape it to the actual box.  This will make a sleeve that the box can come in and out of the package. (This fits the $1 size boxes of candy)
Next, for Frankenstein I used the Storybook Cart and cut the marquee shape.  I cut it twice in green for the front and back and cut it once in black for the hair.  (These were cut on the Gypsy and they are a size 4.65wide and 6.65high) I took the black one and cut the top and bottom off at 1 1/2 inches and then used the Martha Stewart Ice Cycle Punch to make the hair for the front and back of Frankenstein.

Now, to decorate the face I used google eyes and then cut the smile from Pumpkin Carvings and stitches from the Happy Hauntings cart.  I inked the stitches with the Tim Holtz distress ink.  I then attached the items to the front and also attached a stitch to the back as well.  I hot glued the face and back to the cardstock piece to ensure they would stay connected.  Then, to finalize him, I tooktwo 1/2 inch wooden spools and colored them with a silver leafing pen and hot glued them to the side.

Finally, I made a computer generated award and added a Frankenstein sticker to it for the 2nd place awards.


Thanks for joining me for Day 2.  If you haven't entered the Day 1 Giveaway or the Candy Corn Counting contest, be sure to scroll down and get in on those while you are here!  Remember to check back everyday for more great Halloween projects all month long.

10 comments:

The Cropping Canuck said...

Frankly, I love them!

Angi Barrs said...

So Stinkin' cute. Love them.

Amanda C said...

Oh these are soooo cool! You are too creative! Thanks for the instructions.. I'm definitely going to be making these :)

DtsArt said...

Isn't that just the cutest! Frankie is adorable! How was Sleepy Hallow? I like that movie actually. What are you watching tonight?
I will check in tomorrow and see your NEXT CUTE project!

Jean said...

The first movie is one of my favorites. We are going to watch The Fourth Kind tonight.

Wende said...

OMG, how adorable! So clever of you. I will definitely scraplift this from you. TFS Where did you find those mini spools?
passionatelty paper@gmail dot com

Jean said...

The spools came from Michaels in the area where they have the wooden pieces. You get 12 in a bag for $2.

Charlotte Cornett said...

So clever!!! Love this! I may have to scraplift this idea! Thanks!

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, only you could come up with these! They are so cute!!! They even look like something you'd do!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

I want to come to your house for Halloween!